Hashtags are one of the most important pieces to a post on social media.
Why? Allow me to explain:
Hashtags expand the reach of your post organically. Since hashtags serve as searchable keywords they give someone the chance to...
...to find your content if they search for the same hashtag. That's it. That's why you should never go without them again.
It's a simple concept, but the fact that someone can look at every single tweet that includes the hashtag #pinkballoon including photos, people, videos, and more is incredible. And this applies directly to your business.
Note: Most of the social media networks allow for the use of hashtags. The exceptions are LinkedIn and Pintrest. All of the other major sites recognize and encourage them.
Now there is a ton of content on the internet about hashtags and how to use them so I won’t bore you with a longwinded post. Here are the main points:
- Use them in coordination with your marketing campaigns
- Keep them short and sweet
- Make them memorable
- Make them original
- Advertise your hashtags in your marketing videos and on your website
- Keep an eye on who uses your hashtags
- Engage in trending hashtags
- Use them on all of your social media sites (except LinkedIn and Pintrest)
- Don’t overuse them. Shoot for no more than 4, but probably more like 2 or 3 per post.